The call for applications is now open for physical/combined long-term mobility of students for practical training under the Erasmus+ programme in the academic year 2022/23!
Before you read the call, you should also take a look at the Rules on international student exchanges and practical training.
Before the exchange
Read the above rules and the text on the call for proposals.
- The eligible period for the call is from 1 June 2022 to 30 September 2023.
- Only students who already have an employer of their choice and an E+ Study Agreement for practical training can apply.
- Application submitted at least one month before departure - Studis application - new application
- Weekly applications will be submitted by the UL Student Writing Office every Friday by 12:00.
- Applications will be accepted until 1 July 2023 at the latest - or until funds are exhausted
- active student status for the entire duration of the training, with the exception of graduates (see call under point 3.1.)
- signed Learning agreement
- all E+ commitments settled
- submit documents no more than 2 months before departure and no less than 1 month before departure!
You must find your own traineeship company.
Students apply online via the Studis information system -> Submit new applications (until funds are exhausted), in which they submit their application for practical training abroad. The application must be accompanied by a motivation letter of at least one and no more than two pages (with possible annexes) and a Study Abroad Programme or Learning Agreement signed by the foreign party.
You must choose your placement supervisor from the department in which you are enrolled during the exchange. The mentor will review and approve the proposed study abroad programme. In addition to the mentor, the chair of the department will also approve the exchange, which will be arranged by the mentor, and return the form to you with both signatures (from the mentor and the chair of the department). You will then deliver the form to the student office (email: firstname.lastname@example.org). The form (already signed by you, the mentor and the chair of the department) will be forwarded by the student office to the Erasmus Coordinator for review or, if he/she so decides, also to the study committee. Once the approval is finalised, the application is also signed by the Dean of the Faculty. Once all the required signatures are on the form, one original copy will be returned to you. All signatures should be digital. In this case, the document will not be stamped.
Contact your mentor well in advance to prepare your exchange programme, as mentors and department chairs have their own commitments and cannot prioritise your applications.
The final application (Learning agreement for traineeship)* must be submitted by email to email@example.com at least one month before the actual departure date.
The final application contains:
- Apply online - STUDIS -> Submit a new application
- Completed and signed by the mentor and the Head of Department the study agreement for the SMP placement - only complete the "Before the mobility" part before the exchange
- Motivation letter in English (one copy).
After the exchange
After the exchange, you will return to our faculty and bring:
- Transcript of records signed and stamped by the foreign institution. It may happen that they will not give it to you (due to forgery), but will send it by post to our faculty.In this case, please send it to Katarina Erjavec Drešar, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Tržaška cesta 25, 1000 Ljubljana.
- Original study agreement - study abroad programme (the one you prepared before/during the exchange)
- Various other original certificates showing your exchange (Arrival/departue certificate, Confirmation of attendance ...)
- Write an informal report about studying abroad (send it by email: firstname.lastname@example.orgThe informal report should be in A4 format, including your details (name and contact details). It will be published on our website and will be helpful for all students who decide to apply for an exchange. The following guidelines should help you to find your way around:
- General information about the organisation of faculties abroad
- Overall impression final evaluation of the exchange abroad (1-5 - can be descriptive)
- Overall impression and final assessment of support before and during the exchange (from 1-5 - can be descriptive)
See your tutor and together you will enter the "translated" grades you have achieved abroad on the original "Study Abroad Programme" - Recognised Course Assessment (or the English version of "After the mobility"). The mentor should sign the "translated" marks.
Bring the signed grades to the student office (Katarina Erjavec Drešar). We will submit the signed evaluations (i.e. Study Abroad Programme) to the Erasmus Coordinator for approval, forward them to the Study Committee for their information and enter them into the FE Study Information System (STUDIS) after the evaluation has been approved.
Please remember that you MUST also bring a copy of your certificate of completion to the Student Office. You must also upload all documentation in Studis.
Once you have received the final certificate of grades from the university student office (the decision in Studis), don't forget to submit the documentation to the University of Ljubljana so that you can receive the last portion of the scholarship.
Your mobility is now complete. You have gained an unlimited number of new friends, new experiences and a wealth of new knowledge.