Welcome day for exchange students - sprejem tujih študentov19.9.2023
Dear our Erasmus+ students.
WELCOME DAY AT OUR FACULTY: October 2nd , 2023 at 10:00 (am) at
Faculty of Electrical Engineering “lobby – see directional boards”
Address: Tržaška cesta 25, 1000 Ljubljana
The meeting will take place till 11:30!
Please find here below some practical information for the first days after your arrival to Ljubljana (those who are already here, can just save it for emergency).
Students can eat at economic price in almost any restaurant in town. How to do it?
- You need your mobile phone with mobile data or Slovene SIM card. (Free SIM cards should also be available at the Student Organization of the University – ŠOU (Pivovarniška 6, Kampus, office hours Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 16.00 – 19.00); you can also get a special card used only for the food system – 15€ non-refundable, 1-2 days to be operative;
- Register on-line: studentska-prehrana.si
- For the final registration go to INFO point at Pivovarniška 6 (mon 9am-3.30pm, Wed 9am-3.30pm); email: firstname.lastname@example.org or ESN office (Pivovarniška 6 – pink door J)
- You also need EMŠO number (unique personal number – 13 digit number starting with your date of birth) – provided by the faculty- please contact your faculty coordinator https://www.uni-lj.si/international_cooperation_and_exchange/erasmus-plus-programme/erasmus_plus_coordinators/
- How much: 20 EUR per month (2€ for the card)
- the pass is valid from the first day of the month until the first day of the next month, ex. 1 October -1 November
- With special form: Subsidized monthly pass application form, filled in and equipped with EMŠO number, go to this address: LPP, Slovenska 56 office hours until 11 October 2000 –> 7.00 am to 7.00 pm (later unitl 3.30pm); main Bus Station, Trg OF 4, 6am – 8pm
- You don´t need the signature of stamp of the faculty
- If you think you will not use the bus often, you can get Urbana value card– yellow (one ride costs 1.30€) – you can purchase it in any kiosk or at the post office. The card itself costs 2€. http://jhl.si/en/single-city-card-urbana
- Or Rent a city bike: Annual subscription: 3 €, http://en.bicikelj.si/
- PRIVATE ACCOMMODATION:
- STUDENT DORMITORIES – all rooms booked (reserve list)
- PRIVATE ACCOMMODATION – help or advice from International Office of the Student Organization, Pivovarniška 6 (Kampus), write an e-mail to: email@example.com
Office hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday : 16.00 – 19.00
Here you will get an advice on how and where to look for private accommodation.
It is relatively difficult to find accommodation in Ljubljana these days. The prices are between 180€ and 400€ or more per person per month, depending on the location and size of the room.
Some webpages where you can look for a room:
- https://www.realestate-slovenia.info/ads-for-rent/ljubljana-city/apartment/one-room/ (English)
- http://www.mkvadrat.si/ (Slovene)
- FB group: Stanovanjce, stanovanjce, kje si? https://www.facebook.com/groups/195726830526565/
- RESIDENCE PERMIT
If you are staying in PRIVATE accommodation – within a week report your temporary address to the nearest police station (http://www.policija.si/index.php/policijske-uprave/pu-ljubljana/policijske-enote); in 3 month apply for the First residence permit at Tobačna ul. 5, 1000 Ljubljana
If you are staying in STUDENT DORMITORIES: apply for the First residence permit within 3 days at Tobačna ul. 5; office hours: MON-THUR: 8 am to 6 pm, FRI: 8 am to 2 pm.
Documents that you need:
- A valid identity card or passport – copy,
- Acceptance letter – original,
- Health insurance – European Health Insurance Card – copy,
- Statement of having enough money (you can get it in our office),
- Photo (biometrical)
- HEALTH PROBLEMS => you should visit:
ZDRAVSTVENI DOM ZA ŠTUDENTE (Health Center for students) Aškrčeva cesta 4, 1000 Ljubljana
You need to bring your European Health Insurance Card or your insurance policy!
- SLOVENE LANGUAGE COURSE – 30 hour language course
- Occupational safety and health course – OBLIGATORY
- All students have to learn the course content and fill the final exam for Safety at Work as soon as they receive the digital identity from Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- How to use it:
- Activate your digital ID (firstname.lastname@example.org) – if you already did it please ignore this step
- Log in to our student system STUDIS and then wait for a day or two
- Log in to https://e.fe.uni-lj.si – select Health and Safety at Work (Click on “prijavi se z UL ID”)
- Learn the course content and fill the exam.
- Student must read the entire content of the course first (we ensure this by including test questions on which he must answer during reading). This part is evaluated with 10 points.
- The test follows at the end of online course. After successfully passing the test, student gets another 10 points.
- When student reaches at least 80% points, he/she gets to sign a statement that he/she is familiar with the content of “Subject: Occupational safety and health”.
Final day to read and fill the content of exam is October 15!!
If you won’t do it you won’t be able to participate at the laboratory work.
If you will have any question, please do not hesitate to contact me: email@example.com