Conditions foradvancement and completion
Advancement into the next year
Students of the first cycle academic study programme Multimedia can enrol in:
- the second year, provided that he/she has completed at least 54 ECTS of the first year requirements by the enrolment deadline,
- the third year, provided that by the enrolment deadline he/she has completed all the requirements of the first year and the requirements of the second year to a minimum of 54 ECTS.
In accordance with the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana, a student may enrol in a higher year of study as an exception even if he or she has not completed all the requirements for advancement, if he or she has justified reasons for doing so, such as maternity, prolonged illness, exceptional family and social circumstances, recognised status as a person with special needs, active participation in top professional, cultural and sporting events, and active participation in the university's governing bodies. The UL FE Student Applications Committee decides on an exception regarding an admission on the basis of the student's application.
Repeating a year
In accordance with the legislation and the Statutes of the University of Ljubljana, a student may repeat a programme of study only once during the period of study, and a change of study programme due to failure to fulfil the requirements of the previous study programme (transfer) shall also be considered a repetition.
To re-enrol in the same year, students must complete:
- at least half of the requirements of this year - at least 30 credits (ECTS),
- all commitments from previous years.
Conditions for completion
Students shall complete their studies when they have completed all the prescribed requirements of the study programme to a total of 180 credits.
WARNING! If a student loses his/her status before completing all study requirements except the final thesis, he/she must pay for the defence in accordance with the UL price list.
The exception are students who:
- have completed all the requirements for studies other than the final thesis before losing the status; and
- have an approved thesis topic within six months of losing student status.
In this case, the student may complete the studies without payment, but no later than two years after losing the status.