Number of places:
- for entry to the first year - 50 - for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenes without Slovene citizenship and foreigners.
- for entry to the second year: 5 - for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenes without Slovenian citizenship and foreigners.
- for admission to the 3rd year: 5 - for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenes without Slovenian citizenship and foreigners.
- for admission to the 4th year: 5 - for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia, citizens of EU Member States, Slovenes without Slovene citizenship and foreigners.
The PhD programme in Electrical Engineering is open to students who have completed:
- a second-level study programme
- a study programme training for professions regulated by EU directives, or another single master's degree programme valid for 300 KT,
- a bachelor's degree programme adopted before 11.6.2004,
- Master of Science degree programme, candidates will be credited with 60 KT,
- a specialisation programme of study and have previously completed a bachelor's degree programme adopted before 11 June 2004, candidates shall be recognised for the 60 KT of study requirements completed,
- a specialisation programme of study and has previously completed a higher professional education programme adopted before 11 June 2004, provided that he/she has completed the additional study requirements of 36 KT, which are determined for candidates by the competent committee of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, from the courses of the first year of the second cycle of the second cycle programme in Electrical Engineering: four compulsory professional courses, depending on the field of study, and two elective professional courses,
- an equivalent programme from another university. The equivalence of previously acquired education abroad is determined in the process of recognition of foreign education for continuing education, in accordance with the UL Statutes.
Selection criteria in case of an enrolment restriction
Success in the second cycle is taken into account in the following way:
- the average mark of the second cycle without the mark of the thesis, or the average mark of studies taken before 11 June 2004 without the mark of the thesis. Grade x 7,
- the mark of the master's thesis by defence or the mark of the bachelor's thesis by defence of a university course taken before 11.6.2004.
In case of limited enrolment, the candidates with the highest number of points will be selected.
The first call for applications will be open from 16 March 2023 to 18 August 2023 inclusive on the eHE portal.
You can find step-by-step instructions for logging in HERE.
The information day will take place on 24 May 2023 at 15:00 in the graduation room of the Faculty of Electrical Engineering. For further information, applicants may contact email@example.com.
We will inform applicants about the selection and enrolment process in early September. Before enrolment, the student will choose a mentor and, at the latest at the time of enrolment, will submit the mentor's written agreement to accept the mentorship and a conceptual design of the research work. The mentor advises the student on the choice of subjects and guides him/her during his/her studies.
- Conceptual design of the research work
- Statement by the mentor
- Recognition of education for the purpose of further study
- School fees for the academic year 2023/24
- Co-financing of doctoral studies